Kuriyama-RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kuriyama-RPG

Roleplay forum for the DeviantART Art RPG Kuriyama-rpg.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chemistry 101

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sushii--Chan

Sushii--Chan

Chemistry 101 Empty
PostSubject: Chemistry 101   Chemistry 101 EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 12:07 am

(This is a closed RP.)

Valerie had been attending Kodon for a little over a week. She spent most of her time unpacking her various supplies of makeup kits and other personal belongings, which she had finally finished organizing last night. She got up early and did her hair and makeup. (Trying every morning to be finished as quickly as possible without loosing quality overall.) Happy with her work, she decided to reward herself by spending an entire day familiarizing herself with the lab.

She made her way down to the laboratory hoping to encounter some familiar faces and possibly exchange ideas. “Hello~?” She slid open the door, peeking inside, “anyone here?”

Last edited by Sushii--Chan on Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://sushii--chan.deviantart.com
Lissaitama
Admin
Lissaitama

Chemistry 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chemistry 101   Chemistry 101 EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 12:13 am

Jaq was just doing her usual duties--sweeping and cleaning the lab, checking ingredient levels, and being the responsible one--when she heard a new voice. Jaq removed hr goggles and let them hang around her neck as she went to look for the voice.

"Yeah! I'm here!" Jaq called out.
Back to top Go down
http://lissaitama.deviantart.com/
Sushii--Chan

Sushii--Chan

Chemistry 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chemistry 101   Chemistry 101 EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 2:41 am

"Ahah~! Great!" 

Val quickly but carefully maneuvered her way through the lab, admiring and memorizing where everything was placed as she walked by.

"Hi there! Sorry to drop by unannounced--wow." Shivers of excitement went down her spine. "Now this is really cool!" 

Her attention was set on the blue prints titled Xun Weapon Upgrade.

"Four different weapon forms all in one, but without the use of transmutation!? The mechanics on these blue prints are very unique! Oh... don't even get me started on this interesting concept behind the ammunition!" 
It took a lot of will-power and self-restraint to prevent herself from suddenly going through and flipping pages or checking out the other interestingly labeled files. 
Val pried her eyes away from the design and put her attention back on the only other person in the lab.

"Eheh, Sorry..." 
She quickly walked back over towards Jaq. "I haven't visited this area yet, but I already feel overwhelmed because there's just so much here! So I'd love to stick around here for a while if that's okay."
Back to top Go down
Lissaitama
Admin
Lissaitama

Chemistry 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chemistry 101   Chemistry 101 EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 4:26 pm

Jaq grinned. "Oh, that weapon in particular is Master Theo's invention!" she said, allowing Val to explore the blueprints more. "Theo is the best designer I've met, to be honest. The man is brilliant." She held out a hand for Val to shake. "The name's Jaq by the way. Short for Jaqueline."

Theo, hearing his name, was awoken from his sleep. It was way too early for him to be awake. But, for some weird reason he decided to check how Jaq was doing in the labs.

"Ahhh Jaq, good morning. You're up early. How is it?"

Jaq leaned on her broom. "Theo, it's 10 am. It's not early."
Back to top Go down
Sushii--Chan

Sushii--Chan

Chemistry 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chemistry 101   Chemistry 101 EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 10:44 pm

She listened intently to Jaq’s praise, and desperately wanted explore the rest of the concepts, technology, experiments, and to meet the mind behind the designs.

Val took her hand and shook it eagerly.
“Jaq-ueline...?” She took this time to quickly examined Jaq, mentally piecing together and taking notes of her lovely features. “Ah! I see now~ It's nice to finally meet ya Jaq.” Ahh she’s so cute. Maybe I could ask if she’ll let me do her make up one of these days.

Val gasped and she quickly turned around. “Theo?!” Her eyes widened. “It’s him! Er- I mean it’s you! You’re him!” Wow way to keep it together, Val. She let herself take a couple of seconds to breathe. “Jaq had just told me about you and now here you are!” Val stepped back a little, trying to calm down and properly introduce herself. “I’m Valerie Valencia Valentine.” She smiled brightly at them, “it’s a mouthful, I know, but you can just call me Val~ I'm a new student.”
Back to top Go down
Lissaitama
Admin
Lissaitama

Chemistry 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chemistry 101   Chemistry 101 EmptySun Oct 16, 2016 1:46 am

Theo shifted from one foot to the other. He always enjoyed meeting a new face, but a pretty new face was a bit hard to handle. Especially since the alchemist had not had his morning cup of coffee. The world felt blurry and off. He just wanted caffeine in his system.

Jaq noticed this right away. "Val, don't try and get anything out of him. He hasn't had coffee yet. Theo, why don't you go into the cafeteria? Breakfast is still being served."

"Good idea..." Theo said, stumbling out the door. He grimaced when he realized he had been wearing the same shirt for two days. By the gods what had he come to...

Jaq turned to Val after putting away her broom. "Our master...he is really smart. But he has his...well...problems. So we gotta just learn to deal with these problems. When he has good days it's super fun. I really miss the old Theo, though, but we can't dwell on the past my brother always said."
Back to top Go down
Sushii--Chan

Sushii--Chan

Chemistry 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chemistry 101   Chemistry 101 EmptySun Oct 16, 2016 5:38 pm

“Ahh… alright.” She wanted to follow, but stopped after hearing Jaq’s advice.
“Problems? Oh I see...” Her face showed obvious signs of concern but she was far from feeling disheartened. Instead, she dragged over a couple of chairs and made her way towards one of the open tables.

Val politely put her bag near her chair, opening it up and searching for something. “Your brother sounds quite smart. The past should stay in the past-” she finally pulled out a smaller pouch from the bag- “but that doesn’t mean the good times are over for the present.”

She gestured for Jaq to come and take a seat. “Please come sit down. I’d love to test out some new cosmetics. Would you be willing to be my beautiful test subject? Hm~?”

Val opened up her small pouch, revealing some simple things like eyeliner and lip gloss. “Also, maybe you could enlighten me on the basic do-s and don’t-s? Because I’d like to get better at my Chemistry.”
Back to top Go down
Lissaitama
Admin
Lissaitama

Chemistry 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chemistry 101   Chemistry 101 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 12:08 am

Jaq was far too familiar with someone wanting to do force glamor products onto her face. She took a deep breath and held it while debating whether or not she should comply with Val's request. She sighed, exhaled, and decided to allow Val to do it. Just this once.
Just this once.

Jaq gave some basic explanation about chemistry, alchemy, and their application to potion-making. "I suppose cosmetics would be similar..." Jaq stated. "Although if you wanna know in-depth about potions you should ask Spriggan. I mean alchemists dabble in the more scientific concoctions, but Spriggan actually does witchcraft with them. She said to never fiddle with love potions though..."
Back to top Go down
Sushii--Chan

Sushii--Chan

Chemistry 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chemistry 101   Chemistry 101 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:47 pm

Chemistry 101 Gal_pa10
Back to top Go down
Sushii--Chan

Sushii--Chan

Chemistry 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chemistry 101   Chemistry 101 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 9:47 pm

Val was super excited to hear familiar and unfamiliar topics that Jaq had began explaining to her.

She gulped, “potions? Well...”
Val opened the lid to one of the brushes that is used to comb eyelashes. “Those are a little too extreme for my taste, actually. I prefer things that I can apply in a more concrete way -as opposed to abstract effects- ya’know?” She blew upwards towards her bangs, “like the chemical dyes in my hair." I didn’t need to recreate the dye concoction using the magic potion-making methods. Although I suppose one could!

Val began making small gentle strokes upwards on Jaq’s eyelashes. “Or even things that normal, everyday, people could use without having to understand magic or alchemy.” Val finished combing Jaq’s left eyelashes.

“I want to make things that can help make people's lives -well- not perfect, but easier?”
She tilted Jaq’s head slightly to the left to begin brushing out the eyelashes on her right eye.
“Since you can’t really 'fix' a person… but maybe help fix the things around them instead? Which could help heal them in return. So I want to help fix the things...whatever those things may be.”

Val shrugged, “I know it’s kind of dumb to think that way. People always say things don’t make you happy, but I know there are certain ‘things’ that could get people on the right track to happiness!”

She took a moment to smile at her progress. She had only brushed out the eyelashes, but it made a nice and subtle difference. Modesty is key! Unlike me...
Val proceeded to dip one of her other brushes into a capsule containing some shiny gel.

“Like, for example, cosmetics! It's an invention that could make people happy, actually."

She carefully inspected the amount placed on the tip of the brush, then felt it was the right amount.

"I’d watch all kinds of women walk into our salon who seemed to be very washed down and upset just because of the way they saw themselves.”

Val had gently placed one hand beneath Jaq’s chin to raise it slightly, and began applying the gloss to her lips.

“Then, my uncle would perform a cure-all make-over on them! That itself was amazing to watch, but the even more amazing thing was that after each and every woman saw their results, they saw themselves in a new perspective~ Not the results of the cosmetology procedure per-se, but from the results they had from going about the rest of their day afterwards, because they had such an increase in self-esteem; which lead them to all kinds of opportunities!”

She painted the bottom lip a little bit more, “also some of them probably tried stepping outside their comfort zones and took risks they wouldn’t have attempted before. They showed their courage amongst other things!” She couldn’t help but laugh from excitement.

“I find that all incredible! That big chain of events reaction started from applying the use of some refined invention! Which in this case, was in fact, just some cosmetics!" Val cleaned off her brushes and then placed them back into their case.

"Now imagine what more potent concoctions or inventions could do~” she sighed lovingly.

Valerie was finally finished giving her long speech, and also finished from giving Jaq her modest make over.
“It took a while for me to notice, but you didn’t seem to enjoy the fact I was applying this to you. Sorry~”
Quickly, she searched for her compact mirror in her bag, and then handed it to Jaq. “I just couldn’t help myself. A little can go a long ways and I felt it best to apply lightly in this case. I promise I won’t force you to sit down for me anymore. Unless you want me too! Er--Anyhow I think you look very nice darling~”
Back to top Go down
Lissaitama
Admin
Lissaitama

Chemistry 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chemistry 101   Chemistry 101 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 11:31 pm

Jaq looked at herself in the mirror. Her complexion looked smoother, and her eyes popped a bit more, but she still looked like herself. Not that she hated what she looked like, in fact she was rather pleased with herself, but the makeup didn't make sense to her. It never had. She wasn't bothered by wearing it, but she wasn't overly happy about it either.

Then a realization dawned on her. "Val...do you think your makeovers or whatever could help out Theo? I uh...can explain what's going on with him if you want. Or we could get to know him better too..."
Back to top Go down
Sushii--Chan

Sushii--Chan

Chemistry 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chemistry 101   Chemistry 101 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 8:18 am

“Really!? You think I could actually help?” Valerie was beyond flattered at the thought of Jaq recalling at least something of what all was just spoken. This is the best first-day ever to be honest. “That would be marvelous! Though, I do have to say that I’ve never really performed an uplifting make-over myself...let alone on a male...eheh.”

Ahh who knows if this could actually work? But if she thought even for a moment that this could help him then I suppose we should try anything and everything! In all honesty though, all I can do is hope for the best and trust in my instincts and do what I do best.

After finally settling down and taking a moment to calm down, Val nodded. “I would love to give it a shot!”

She reached down and picked up her large duffel bag, placing it onto the table. “Under the condition that you help me out in any way you can, hm~?”
Back to top Go down
Lissaitama
Admin
Lissaitama

Chemistry 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chemistry 101   Chemistry 101 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 10:26 am

Jaq blinked. "Of course? Why wouldn't I help you?" Not helping was a bit fo a foreign concept for Jaq, and whenever she's asked she is somewhat thrown for a loop. The girl scratched her head, then said, "well I could tell you his story. But then again I can't really decide if him opening up to you would help in the process. He's our teacher, so we gotta be careful. But if it means helping him..."
Back to top Go down
Sushii--Chan

Sushii--Chan

Chemistry 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chemistry 101   Chemistry 101 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 8:58 pm

“Mmm~” She nervously rummaged through her bag, double checking if she was prepared for the task.

“Explaining it to me could help me understand the situation better! Not necessarily for the make-over, but for future reference right? Things I should be aware of that would help me be a more complying student, actually.” Val rested her arms over the bag, “but I just got here, and it’s not really my place to ask-- but I’d like to know something if that’s alright?"
Back to top Go down
Lissaitama
Admin
Lissaitama

Chemistry 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chemistry 101   Chemistry 101 EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 1:25 am

Jaq sighed. "Here let me get you some coffee and we can sit down..."

"So..I guess i can begin...Master Theo grew up in a large family. He's the eldest of twelve children. Well...about half of them are full blood siblings. When Theo was not much older than me, his dad died in the war. Theo took over as Grandmaster ever since.

"Theo wasn't able to be home for great lengths of time, and it was a surprise to him when his mom married his Father's brother. His mother and stepfather had more children. Theo loves all his siblings, and being away from them makes him sad.

"Unfortunately, Theo's relationship with his step-father and his mother hasn't been the greatest. And to be honest, I think he blames himself for his father's death. He tries to be the best teacher he can be, but he's always very sad."

Jaq shook her head. "I think...his desire to get a girlfriend so badly stems from his loneliness. But it only drives him into a deeper corner. I wish there was more I could do. But I'm...only a fifteen-year-old girl, you know? "
Back to top Go down
Sushii--Chan

Sushii--Chan

Chemistry 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chemistry 101   Chemistry 101 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2016 9:54 am

“Wow…” Val carefully took a sip while trying to seem composed, but it was obvious to tell how upset it made her feel. “Don’t think I could have pieced that all together, but now I feel like I understand… He’s been through so much.” Val you can’t start tearing up right now or you’ll ruin your make up.

“It seems like you do plenty of things to help out. Not because it's your job so to speak--but I bet it really does mean a lot...”

She propped her head up on an elbow and gazed at her, “I just think it’s really sweet of you to care this much, Jaq. Thank you for letting me know this.”
Back to top Go down
Lissaitama
Admin
Lissaitama

Chemistry 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chemistry 101   Chemistry 101 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2016 1:39 pm

Theo came staggering back to the lab, a third cup of coffee in his hand. The man drank it with milk and loads of sugar--perhaps to try and drown his bitter sorrow.
"Ah...you girls are still in here? What'cha talking about, then?" He took a seat, observed them for a minute, then blushed deeply. "AH! Oh, hey there! You must be uh...Valerie, right? They new student I was supposed to have...Jaq you did her paperwork, right?"

Jaq gave a little frown and help up Val's papers. "They are right here, Theo."

Theo blinked. "Hey uh...are you wearing makeup?"

Jaq frowned more. "Why don;t you go work on Xun's upgrade. Heaven knows how long he's been waiting for you to finish that!"

"Ah! You're right! I completely forgot!" Theo blushed more and wheeled the office chair through the door to get back into his office. The man re-entered the lab, muttered a few swear words, grabbed the plans he was working on, then entered his office again.

Jaq sighed. "And...there you have it. Welcome to Kodon."
Back to top Go down
Sushii--Chan

Sushii--Chan

Chemistry 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chemistry 101   Chemistry 101 EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 4:15 pm

Val gave Jaq a wink. “Mhm. Thanks darling~ I think Kodon is exactly where I should be.”

She clapped her hands together in amusement. “This will be interesting. Especially because of you two! I’m actually really looking forward to working beside, learning from, and about-- you.”

“We seem different but maybe all we need is some chemical bonding. Experimentation is what it’s all about, right?” She nudged Jaq’s arm slightly.
It took a lot for Val not to laugh at her own joke, but it didn’t stop her from showing a ridiculous smirk.

“Ahh, anyhow, I can’t wait to start!” She pulled off one of the aprons hanging on the lab-coat rack then swiftly tied the strings around her waist. “But before that can happen-” she slipped on a pair of gloves-“I want to help you finish clearing up the rest of the clutter here. Turn this into... less of a fire-hazard, and more of a safer working zone for all of us.”
Back to top Go down
Lissaitama
Admin
Lissaitama

Chemistry 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chemistry 101   Chemistry 101 EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 6:59 pm

Jaq stuck out her tongue. "Ew, you sound just like my brother. But you're right, it has gotten a bit messy in here hasn't it."

Jaq started organizing things and putting them away, but she couldn't help but keep staring back at Theo through the doorway. He always looked so happy when he was creating things...but that was it. Theo barely smiled outside of that, and when he did smile it was usually from sheer embarrassment.

Back to top Go down
LillyCheese

LillyCheese

Chemistry 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chemistry 101   Chemistry 101 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 9:27 pm

Clunking sound was heard then as the door of the lab was kicked open. Rolling on the floor, while hugging onto 1986, came in Lana, her helmet and weapon being the source of the noise.
"Moooorning Theo, Jaq, my boys!" She said as she finally rolled up to her working station, standing up. "What up did I miss on any explosions while I was worki- Oh hi! Who are you?" She grinned under the mask as she noticed Val and walked up to her and Jaq, bowing respectfully before extending her hand at her. "I'm lettuce, are you a new student?"
Back to top Go down
http://lillycheese.deviantart.com/
Sushii--Chan

Sushii--Chan

Chemistry 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chemistry 101   Chemistry 101 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 10:23 pm

Val immediately stopped sweeping, and brushed back her bangs to get a better look. “Ah!” Her eyes scanned Lana from head to toe, admiring the high quality equipment. Val couldn’t help smile back with at her with a big impressed grin. “So cool…”

She bit the tip of her index finger to quickly pull of the glove. “Hi! Hello! Yes I'm a new student.” Her hand firmly grasped Lana’s hand and shook it eagerly. “Lettuce...?” It took a moment that to sink in,

“well it’s a pleasure to meet you darling! My name is Valerie! But you can call me Val.” She giggled, “or Bubblegum, I guess.”
Back to top Go down
Lissaitama
Admin
Lissaitama

Chemistry 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chemistry 101   Chemistry 101 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 10:44 pm

Jaq loved Lana's enthusiasm and bright attitude, but sometimes thought the girl needed to be brought back down to earth. Jaq thought for a moment, then said:

"Guys, we're almost done in here. Let's go get something to eat before the lunch crowd gets to the cafeteria. I have something I wanna tell you, Lana." If Lana can keep a secret, that is...
Back to top Go down
LillyCheese

LillyCheese

Chemistry 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chemistry 101   Chemistry 101 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 9:57 am

Lana sparkled through her helmet as she shook Val's hand. "That's such a pretty name! I'm glad you've joined Kodon, the more scientists that are together the better they work!" she went back to her desk and put her notebook and some blueprints out, before getting to help the girls in organizing the lab a bit.
"Sounds good!" she agreed to Jaqs proposal.
Back to top Go down
http://lillycheese.deviantart.com/
Sushii--Chan

Sushii--Chan

Chemistry 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chemistry 101   Chemistry 101 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2016 12:49 pm

“The food here is so delicious!" she said while swiping her forehead with her arm. "I’d love to go grab a bite to eat.” Val leaned the broom back against the wall and untied her apron. Getting to chat with the upperclassmen over lunch would be very insightful.
“Oh!” she turned and faced Jaq, “will Master be joining us?”
Back to top Go down
Lissaitama
Admin
Lissaitama

Chemistry 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chemistry 101   Chemistry 101 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2016 10:51 pm

Jaq gave a nervous laugh. "Haha...I think it would be better if he just...stayed in here and finished his project, right?"

Theo gave an acknowledging wave and nodded his head wearily.

In the cafeteria, they were serving a choice of either chicken, fish, or tofu with rice. Jaq chose fish, grabbed some sort of red juice punch (cranberry with mixed juices), and sat down at a table. She waited for Lana and Val to arrive before digging in (as Len always taught her was good manners).

"So, Lana...about this...well...I thought that you would wanna join up and make a group with Val and I. We want to try and help Theo out of his...whatever it is he's in. If you've noticed, Lana, he's not doing very well with confidence or happiness. I barely ever see him smile or laugh for reals."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chemistry 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chemistry 101   Chemistry 101 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chemistry 101
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kuriyama-RPG :: Kodon Academy :: Alchemy Laboratory-
Jump to: